Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Photoshop Coolness

So after Bret gave us our assignment today I thought about something that would be freaken out of this world to learn in photoshop that I don't know. I know that at one point I was able to do some pretty cool borders but I'm a little out of practice. So as our assignment I started to look around on the web for some cool borders to learn...especially new one dealing with CS2.
So I'm attaching the link to where I'm finding this stuff so if any of you want to look at it and find some other things I hope it helps!
Alright so I found a sight teaching you how to great a soft glowing edge which is pretty cool. Here are the steps.
1. Open a photo.
2. Convert the background to a layer by double clicking on it. (Give it a name if you wish.)
3. Select the Elliptical Marquee tool.
4. Drag a marquee selection around the area of the photo you want to keep.
5. Click the "Add layer mask" button at the bottom of the layers palette
6. Click on the layer mask thumbnail in the layers palette.
7. Go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur and make sure the Preview option is checked.
8. Adjust the radius until you are happy with the amount of fade and click OK.
9. Add a layer under the photo and fill it with the desired background.

I'm going to try to post the link to the site but if it doesn't work I'm sorry. I can't seem to get it working right now. I will try to remember to come back and edit it later so that it works.

Photoshop Tutorials

Hope you enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

thanks for the step by step!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home