Monday, July 25, 2005

Projects

Well I am not really sure what I am going to do. I wouldn't mind doing something with flash even though I don't know a lot about it but I am use to doing video and I enjoy it and how it has an affect on people. I have also been interested in 3D animation for awhile now and after the session thought about possibly doing an animation or an environment and then adding video to it. I haven't quite yet decided really. I would also like to do something with Middlebury itself and do sorta like a documentary with the town possibly interview some people and get some footage around the area. How the town has changed over the year and what people find most interesting about it. Possibly interview some tourist as well to see what brings them here.

I am mostly leaning towards video but that may change though. I am pretty good with Final Cut and know the basics along with some advance things and have a wonderful book to help me so I might look into that and how I can do some advance type work to make an amazing short-film.

But in the long run I don't know what to do and keep trying to run some ideas through my mind. I want to create an amazing new website as well seeing how my other one isn't very well put together so thats another thought and some how incorporating video and animation into that so thats another idea that I think I might run with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Good first musings. It sounds like things started to come together towards the end of the post - one of the benefits of being forced to write out your thoughts. :) The idea of moving outside your comfort area and experimenting with Flash and/or 3D sounds like a promising line of inquiry. Perhaps after diving into Flash later this week you'll have a better sense of whether or not that something you want to do.

Any beginning ideas on a theme or concept that would shape your website, if it ends up in that form? Has anything you've read or heard in the past week grabbed your attention?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Bryan Alexander said...

Agreed about pushing the limits of comfort. At the same time, we're looking at multimedia, where multiple forms can coexist and speak to each other - so perhaps video clips incorporated within a web presentation, or Flash animation.

Back to the content question!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Bryan Alexander said...

Here's your digital writing assignment, Emilee -
http://questfortherest.com/

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home